Updated: Feb 11, 2021
Do I have to say more? DF/SF CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! Try this simple recipe that you can make at home. Try DF ingredients OR use regular dairy ingredients!
2 sticks or 1 cup of unsalted butter (DF OPTION: earth balance) (softened)
2 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of chocolate chips (DF OPTION: enjoy life)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of packed light brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
(Optional) 1 tsp of cinnamon!
1. Preheat your oven to 375 F
2. Mix the granulated sugar, light brown sugar and the softened butter together until creamy
3. Add the egg, cinnamon (optional) and baking soda to the mixture and mix until incorporated.
4. Add the flour now 1 cup at a time until you've mixed in 2 cups of flour.
5. Lastly, fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
6. Roll the dough into balls and place on a buttered cookie sheet. I've found that butter works best for cookies, but you can use oil if you like!
7. Bake until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.
If your dough seems too sticky, add a little more flour! Just add a little at a time until it isn't super sticky.
You always want to pull cookies out of the oven a LITTLE early. They will finish cooking while they are cooling.